By Garry Schalla, Development Director
Mountain Family Health Centers wants to reach residents in Eagle County and nearby who would benefit from comprehensive family planning and related preventive health services through Title X funding. Mountain Family has received Title X funding to provide contraceptive services and preventive health screenings on Wednesdays and Fridays, 8:30am – 4pm, at our health center in Edwards, Colorado, located at 320 Beard Creek Road.
Title X is dedicated to providing access for all individuals to these health care services. Title X is designed to prioritize the needs of low-income families, adolescents, and uninsured people who might not otherwise have access. Mountain Family offers Title X services to patients from adolescence through menopause. Residents in neighboring Garfield, Pitkin, and other counties are eligible to receive services, including those living in the Roaring Fork Valley.
“It’s important for all individuals to have access to birth control and preventive health care,” says Family Nurse Practitioner Jenny Lang, who serves as Mountain Family’s Director of Title X Programs and Site Medical Director for the Edwards and Glenwood Springs health centers. “A planned pregnancy provides the mother, child, and family with the most optimal health possible and supports to provide the child with the best start.”
These services are now provided at Mountain Family Health Centers in Edwards on Wednesdays and Fridays, 8:30am – 4pm:
• Wellness exams
• Cervical and breast cancer screenings
• Contraceptive services to include education on all methods available with counseling to assist men and women to choose the best method for them. Initiation/continuation of methods including LARCs (long acting reproductive contraception)
• Education/counseling, prevention, testing, and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
• HIV counseling, testing, and prevention
• Counseling on establishing a reproductive life plan
To make an appointment, please call 970-945-2840. Before May 1st, 2019, Title X services were offered in Eagle and Avon at the Eagle County Public Health offices. For more information, please go to our family planning page on our website.