By Ross Brooks, CEO
Dear MFHC Staff, Board of Directors, and Community Partners,
I’m writing to let you know MFHC Development Director Garry Schalla has resigned his position at Mountain Family Health Centers, effective 10/4/19.
Garry started at Mountain Family in March 2016 as the organization’s first full-time Development Director. Garry’s commitment to our mission and vision were apparent from day 1 and he has served as a tireless advocate for our organization, communities and patients. Garry’s leadership is responsible for much of MFHC’s growth and depth over the past three years, including, but not limited to:
- Launch of School Based Health Center (SBHC) services in Eagle County;
- Development of mobile dental services serving the Roaring Fork Valley;
- Launch of affordable family planning services in Eagle County;
- Depth of integrated behavioral health and substance use disorder (SUD) services across Garfield, Eagle, and Pitkin Counties;
- A professional branding and marketing campaign elevating the organization’s visibility, message, and connection with our local communities;
- Development of MFHC’s new integrated medical, dental, and behavioral healthcare home in Basalt, CO, serving the upper Roaring Fork Valley;
- Seed planting for the future growth of MFHC Edwards to expand access to integrated medical, dental, and behavioral healthcare in the Eagle River Valley.
Due in large part to Garry’s leadership and vision, thousands of people in Western Colorado have gained new access to affordable, integrated medical, dental, and behavioral healthcare over the past three years. Today, Mountain Family Health Centers serves as the healthcare home for more than 21,000 people in Garfield, Eagle, and Pitkin Counties.
On a personal note, I will miss Garry’s wisdom, balance, and humanity. Please join me in celebrating Garry Schalla’s leadership at Mountain Family Health Centers and to our local communities.