MFHC 2015-2016 Annual Report
Mountain Family Health Centers’ mission is to provide high quality, integrated primary medical, behavioral, and dental health care in the communities we serve, with special consideration for the medically under-served, regardless of ability to pay.
Today, MFHC is the health care home for more than 17,000 residents of Garfield, Eagle, Pitkin and Rio Blanco Counties. MFHC believes that access to affordable health care is a human right, not a privilege, and we are working diligently to expand our facilities and programs to be able to provide affordable health care to the more than 18,000 low-income residents of our region who do not yet utilize MFHC. MFHC has made great strides in our pursuit of the Quadruple Aim, which is a compass for optimizing health system performance, and includes:
Improving the Patient Experience of Care:
- MFHC provides integrated medical, behavioral and oral health care
- Care teams provide patient-centered care and comprehensive care coordination
- Leadership transitioning to a value based system of care.
Reducing the Per Capita Cost of Health Care:
- 84% increase in patients enrolled in Medicaid improving access to care
- Lowered cost of care for Medicaid patients with decreases in emergency room utilization, unnecessary hospital readmissions and high cost imaging
- MFHC generates $15.7 million of positive economic impacts, including jobs, tax revenues, and savings to the health care system
Improving the Health of Populations:
- MFHC’s Care Teams perform above the national clinical outcome goals for childhood immunizations; hypertension control; tobacco screening and cessation; healthy weight screening, nutrition and activity counseling; depression screening and follow-up; early entry into prenatal care; and healthy birth weight babies
- MFHC was the top performing community health center in Colorado for helping our patients control diabetes
Improving the Well-being of the Care Team:
- Addition of fourth aim targeting employee well-being
- Named Top Ten Colorado Company to Work for in 2015
- Health Links Healthy Business Certified Leader
- Investment of resources in employee development, retention and wellness
- Joined Valley Health Alliance to lower health insurance costs and provide assessment and coaching for addressing health issues
Looking ahead, I am optimistic about Mountain Family’s continued growth and expansion to increase our ability to serve a larger percentage of the 35,000 low-income residents in our region. In the coming year, we will embark on a comprehensive capital campaign to expand the Basalt, Edwards and eventually, Glenwood Springs community health centers. Our first school-based health center opens in Avon in July 2016. We will increase access to oral health care by adding dental care to Basalt and implementing a new SMILES tele-dentistry project in Avon and four community sites in Garfield County. I invite you to support Mountain Family Health Centers as we continue our leadership in improving health and health care.
With gratitude for your business and support over the past, and future 38 years.
Ross A. Brooks, CEO
To read more, click here to view the complete 2015-2016 MFHC Annual Report: